About > By Laws
1. Fiscal Year. The fiscal year of the Association shall be from January 1 of each year to and including December 31 of that year.
2. Annual Dues. The annual dues of the members of the Association shall be as determined from time to time by the Board of Directors. Effective January 1, 2006, the annual dues of members of the Association shall be as follows:
(a) One Hundred Ten Dollars ($150.00) for all active members who have been admitted to practice for more than one (1) year as of January 1 of the applicable year.)
(b) Eighty Dollars ($80.00) for all associate members who have been admitted to practice for more
than one (1) year as of January 1 of the applicable year.
(c) Twenty Five Dollars ($25.00) for all active members who have retired from the practice of law and who have certified to the Office of Court Administration that they no longer actively engage in the practice of law.
(d) Active members who have been admitted to practice less than one (1) full year as of January 1 of the applicable year, members in full-time active military service, and honorary members shall pay no dues.
3. Due Date. Dues shall be due and payable on the first day of February of each year. Bills for such dues shall be rendered no later than December 15 of the p receding year, and all such bills shall be rendered at the same time. Any member who shall not have paid his dues on or before February 1, or within 45 days of the rendering of a bill after December 15, shall be in arrears in the payment of dues within the meaning of Section 4 of this Article.
4. Notification of Members in Arrears. The Treasurer shall furnish to the Board of Directors a list of the members who shall be in arrears of dues, within the meaning of section 3 of this Article, on February 1 of each year. The Board shall direct that each member in arrears be given written notice that dues are in arrears. Any member who has not paid annual dues in full on or before April 1 shall be deemed to have resigned, and such person's name shall be stricken from the membership rolls. No member in arrears may vote as a member, officer or director until the arrears of dues are paid in full.
5. Change in Dues. The amount of annual dues may be changed only by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
Back to the Bylaws